This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Aladdin. All opinions are 100% mine.
What do you drink? Coffee? Water? Did you pack your lunch today? How many plastic bags and other disposable containers did you use that are ultimately going to glut the landfills for generations to come? We aren’t upset with you, it’s just that it’s all too much. Just the other day we threw out four cups from that coffee place that’s on every corner. What can we say? We like coffee but we hate that we are being so wasteful. Here is some information that is staggering:
● In the U.S., 50 billion disposable water bottles are consumed per year; 137,000 per day; 1,585 per second.
● It costs about $165 a year to make drip coffee at home versus $636 to buy drip coffee at your local café.
● Unless we change our habits, 23 billion paper coffee cups will be thrown out in 2010.
● Seven million barrels of oil are used to produce the disposable bottles Americans go through in one year.
● Nine dollars will generally cover a decent lunch out. If you buy rather than pack a lunch five days a week, you shell out about $2,350 a year.
This is why we have committed to the Aladdin “Do The Reuse Challenge”. For 30 days, our family is committed to not using any disposable paper cups, water bottles, or food containers. You can even go their website and read about 9 families who are taking the challenge as well. We feel it is important to teach our children responsibility for our planet and aside from our recycling efforts, the Aladdin “Do the Reuse Challenge” will get them thinking of how we have become so accustomed to using something so absentmindedly.
The great part is that if you take the challenge, Aladdin will give you discounts to some of their very cool products that will make taking this challenge much easier. Follow Aladdin on Facebook.